*image needed*
Molly
My main character will be Molly, a 19 year old girl from Sunderland. My documentary will follow her around the city as she explains her life and how she came to be homeless. At the age of 17 Molly ran away to avoid being taken into care. By the time the authorities caught up with her, she was 18 and could be classed as legally independent from her mother. Since then she had spent time in and out of shelters and women's hostels, and is no stranger to sleeping rough. She questions the attitudes of society towards the homeless, and agrues that for many homless people there simply is no other choice.
*image needed*
Students
I plan to interview a handful of students from the college to get a range of views on homelessness in their area. I plan to ask questions such as does it affect them directly? Who do they blame for homelessness? and How do they suggest the issue is tackled? Hopefully this will back up Molly's argument that society does not know enough about the backgrounds of homeless people, and that they are 'invisible.' I plan to tie this into my title, 'The Invisible Girl'.
*Image needed*
The Campaigner
I plan to interview a campaigner for my documentary, that will offer some facts and figures that will validate my points. I have researched various websites and plan to send emails hoping that one official will agree to answer a few questions to go towards my documentary.
No comments:
Post a Comment